Colonie Weather Online has gone through several transformations since its debut on January 8, 2005. The latest "look and feel" debuted on June 1st, 2009. The reason behind the latest design was to comply with the current web standard,
XHTML 1.0 Transitional, and switching web editing software from Microsoft FrontPage 2003 to Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.
The data on the homepage is coming from a Davis Instruments Vantage Pro2™ weather station which records a variety of weather data, from the outside temperature to highest yearly rainfall rate. Software called WeatherLink® is then used to display the data on this site.
- This site is best viewed under 1024x768 pixel screen resolution or higher.
- The homepage automatically refreshes every five minutes.
- Current Condition icon on homepage is from data provided by The Weather Channel RSS Feed.
- When viewing this site on a mobile device, you will be re-directed to the mobile version.
- Liquid equivalents of snow, sleet and/or freezing rain are included in the rain totals.
- Season snowfall total is from snow that accumulates from July 1st to June 30th.
- Wind chill reading is based on the 10-minute average wind speed.
- Wind is based on the two-minute average wind speed, official NWS protocol.
- The 7-Day Forecast, Radar, Satellite and Temperature images are courtesy of CBS6 News.
All pages on this site define the following access keys:
- Access key 1 - Home page
- Access Key c - Skip main navigation and go directly to the main content
- Access key n - Go to the main navigation
For IE/Windows, press ALT + access key. For Firefox/Windows, press ALT + Shift + access key. On Macintosh, press Control + access key.
I am Chris Fatato, a graduate of the class of 2009 from the State University of New York (SUNY) at Albany with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Broadcast Meteorology. I developed a passion for weather at a very young age, to be more specific, roughly around the age of 10, right around the time the Blizzard of 1993 rolled in on March 13th and 14th.
I am a member of the American Meteorological Society, Eastern New York Weather Observers Network, a weather watcher for my local news station, WRGB CBS6 News, and a trained SKYWARN spotter for the National Weather Service.
It is with great pleasure to pass along my love for the weather to the public via the internet as my second passion falls within web design. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to send them by filling out a simple form.