Colonie Weather Online has gone through several transformations since its debut on January 8, 2005. To celebrate the 10th anniversary of this site, a new "look and feel" debuted on February 1, 2015. The reason behind the latest design was to comply with the current web standards; HTML5/CSS3 and responsive web design (user friendly on every device from smart phones to desktop computers).
The data on the home page is coming from a Davis Instruments Vantage Pro2™ weather station which records a variety of weather data, from the outside temperature to highest yearly rainfall rate. Software called WeatherLink® is then used to display the data on this site.
- For Microsoft Internet Explorer users, this site is best viewed using version 10 or higher.
- The homepage automatically refreshes every five minutes.
- Wind is based on the two-minute average wind speed, official National Weather Service protocol.
- Radar, Satellite and Temperature maps on homepage are courtesy of CBS6 News .
All pages on this site define the following access keys:
- Access key 1 - Homepage
- Access Key c - Skip main navigation and go directly to the main content.
- Access key n - Go to the main navigation.
How to use the access keys on the following browsers/operating systems:
- For IE/Windows, press ALT + access key
- For Firefox/Windows, press ALT + Shift + access key
- On Macintosh, press Ctrl + access key
I am a graduate of the class of 2009 from the State University of New York (SUNY) at Albany with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Broadcast Meteorology. I developed a passion for weather at a very young age, to be more specific, around the age of 10. Every meteorologist has one weather event that got them into the field and mine was the Blizzard of 1993, which rolled in on March 13th and 14th.
I am a member of the Eastern New York Weather Observers Network, a weather watcher for my local news station, WRGB CBS6 News and a trained SKYWARN spotter for the National Weather Service. It is with great pleasure to pass along my love for the weather to the public via the internet as my other passion falls within web design.
Be sure to follow Colonie Weather Online on Facebook and Twitter , where you will find additional weather related information from weather stories here in the Capital Region of New York and around the world including local weather alerts and climate data.
To learn more about this station's location, the Town and Village of Colonie, please see the About Colonie, NY page.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to send them by filling out a simple feedback form.